Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pink In Blur.......

I have been meaning to create this post for a while now and continually I've found a dearth of verbal constructs to define the abstraction of these images. Then, this morning I came across this prodigious quote which said it all:


“ Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers shackles limiting our visions." – Salvador Dali

To me this best defines the abstract and the intangible quality of these images leaving much to one’s imagination.



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post - an interesting alternative approach to what has become an overdone image - that of spring cherry blossoms. HOWEVER, I do not think this is surreal - rather, it is an alternate paradigm...perhaps even postmodern.

    I like this quote from Thomas Kuhn better: "Rather than being an interpreter, the scientist who embraces a new paradigm is like the man wearing inverting lenses."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos....a lot like impressionist paintings

    ReplyDelete