Monday, June 28, 2010

Pacific Palette

I live close to the Pacific Ocean. I've frequently walked on the shore and told myself that I need to come back with the camera. Last weekend, I finally remembered to carry it with me during a late evening walk on the beach and clifftops.

There is much I could say about the pictures below. I could talk about timing (though I did not time anything), weather conditions (though I did not check the forecast) and location (though I happened to be here only because it is 5 minutes from home and I was too lazy to go farther). I could discuss camera settings (though I didn't really change any at all), concept (though anything I say would be retrofitted) or composition (if 'stand, look, click, repeat' equates composition). I could talk about the parallels between this post and Horizons, which are both legitimate and uncanny, but ultimately coincidental...

Truth is, sometimes all you need is a little imagination, and a camera in the right place at the right time - the sun, sky and ocean take care of the rest!




No comments:

Post a Comment